Monday, May 23, 2011

An interview with Greta: Up close and personal

Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?--Zoolander


Too soon, not coordinated

Greta wanted some help taking pictures the other day, so she could show her friends on Facebook how much she looked like her mom.  We set the camera up, and since I am the one with thumbs, I pushed the button on her command.  I hope you can appreciate how much time and effort she put into this.  I decided that we should all get to know the deeper side of miss Greta Garbo Price.


Jess: Greta, how would you describe yourself?

Greta: Well, for starters, I'm not just a dog.  I'm inGretable...get it? I'm think I'm pretty funny.  So do other people too, I make my family laugh all the time.  Sometimes, I don't know why I make them laugh, but they laugh a lot and then I laugh.  I really, just like to laugh, have fun, and be active.  I'm a big goofball.


Sitting on Riley-Super Greta
Jess:  Would you say you have super power?  I see that Turbo thinks he a budding super hero.
Greta:  Well...I do have the ability to make someone smile from real far away with how fast I wag my tail and how it wiggles my whole body.  I also have the ability to sit on all other dogs. Those are two pretty awesome traits.  Oh...and I can curl up SUPER small into a ball.  Yep.  I would say I'm super is some ways.


Jess: If you could describe your PERFECT day, how would it go?

Cuddling with my mom...one of my favorite things
Greta: My mom and dad and the rest of my pack would be there, a hike in the hills, treats of course, a ball to chase, a bone to chew, lots of dirt to roll around in, NO bath after the dirt rolling, lap time in between my parents where they pet me and tickle me and talk about how much they love me, and then another bone at bedtime or something really delicious.  That would be so fun.


Jess: Wow...that sounds like a great day. Do you have many days like that?

Greta: Um, ya.  My mom gives me treats every day and we get to hike and chase the ball a lot too...except the only thing that is different, is the bath.  I always have to take a bath after a muddy hike.  I don't like it.  They make me crAzY.


Jess: I see.  Let's talk about what it was like before you had a family.  Do you remember coming to live with your family? How was life at the shelter?

The Pack
Greta: Honestly, I don't remember it too much.  I feel like I've always been part of the family.  Sometimes when my parents go away and we have to stay at the playing with other dogs place, I feel a little anxious like they won't come back (that's why I always eat my bed when I stay there).  But, they always come back for me.  I just don't have a bed when they come back.  But I'm just happy they always come for me and love me.


Jess:  How about the incident in April?  Can we talk about what happened with Fawn?
Greta: It all happened so fast.  I was off pooping in the office and sewing room (according to the plan) and Gracie went to poop in the big room (when we broke out of our kennel, we had a plan and that was the plan)...and she found what we later learned was Fawn.  At the time though, we thought it was one of those special toys my mom brings us when we're good.  So we went for it...and it squeaked, like the toy so we were whooping it up, having a blast...and then it bit back at Grace...and we remembered about Grandma's dog, Fawn.  Grace and I licked her and licked her til all the blood was gone, but it was too late.  The whole thing took about 2-3 minutes, but it was devastating.  And we felt awful. For days.  We even sent Fawn some bows to put in her hair for when it grows back.  I hear she's feeling better...but it was all a terrible accident.
Fawn: The Incident


Jess: Wow.  That's quite a traumatizing incident.  Do you feel like you've recovered from it?
Greta: Yes...I believe we have, but I don't think we'll be traveling to see Grandma anytime soon though.  I guess everyone was REAL disappointed.  And at the park today, when I went over to see this other dog that looked like Fawn, my parents made me come back.  Some about a prey drive.  I don't know what they mean...but I have to come when they call me.  I can't not.


Jess:  How about your underbite Greta? How has it affected your life?
Greta:  Well, for one thing, I can't eat real fast so I don't have a problem with my weight, I probably wouldn't anyway because I run a lot.  Second, I have a real hard time picking the ball up first, even though I'm the first one to it every time.  I sometimes feel frustrated, but the good part is, there is always another ball that my dad throws.  So that's good.  And I'm not bitter.  On the flip side (I heard that phrase the other day and I've been DYING to say it),  I'm the only one that really knows what food tastes like.  The other dogs eat so fast and take it for granted.  Not me.  I get to savor and enjoy it.


Jess:   What's your favorite thing about family life?
Let's both stick our tongues out, k?
Greta:  I love that we do a lot of the same things everyday.  It's real fun.  I love when my mom takes some yummy pepperoni and makes me do all kinds of things and then gives it to me.  I love that when it's time to go outside or go anywhere, my mom yells: "C'Mon Kids!"  We all run to her.  It's so fun.  I love when the little boy Kaenon comes to our house and wants to run and play with us.  We chase bubbles in the backyard and go to the park a lot.  Families are great...I hope that all dogs get a family forever.  OH! And I love photo shoots.  That was fun too.


Jess: What do you think about having a foster brother?  How has Turbo affected family life?
Greta:  He did eat the beds...which was bad because then our beds weren't as comfortable, but it was kinda good too because I got to eat some of the bed.  It was hard at first.  I felt like I had to protect my house from him, but after we played fetch together, I realized it was a lot of fun to have a little brother.  He's super goofy and always trying to play tug.  Sometimes things feel a little more hectic, but he's just part of the family and we do a lot of stuff together.


Jess: Ok Greta.  Last question.  What about these photos? Some people say there is no resemblence because you are a dog...what do you say? 
Greta: These are my modeling pictures with my mom.  We watched Zoolander and I wanted to pose Blue Steel with her.  She always tells me I'm good looking...and I think we look alike, so everyone...here are the pics of me and my mom. I think we look alike because we love each other so much.  You be the judge.  
Our favorite, "Really Really Ridiculously good looking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment