Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 3-4: There's nothing TYPICAL about Turbo

Sunday, March 27-Day 3, 31 pounds
Day 4--look, I'm doing great
Insert new typical routine here: lots of mealtimes, meds, laundry and other dog related activities. Alter new routine by making homemade shampoo out of oatmeal and baking soda.  Try using bathtub instead of shower.  Hopefully, soaking will help with the itching and odor.

It’s sunny and relatively warm today, so I’m going to take the dogs outside and see how Turbo does chasing the ball.  We all need an outlet…and I’m hoping Greta will start to warm up to Turbo.


Fetch goes great.  Better than expected.  Turbo has a blast running around the yard and chasing the ball.  He’s faster than I thought he would be, but crooked as can be.  He can’t run straight to save his life.  Maybe after his muscles develop, his little ship can be righted. 

We all had a great day; Greta started to finally warm up to Turbo and accep him into the pack.  Turbo is looking like and acting like a completely different dog than the dog that arrived at our house 3 days ago.  And he’s finally relaxing a little.  He slept on my lap for the entire evening.  I think the stress has worked itself out of his system.  Just in time for me to go to work tomorrow. 

Monday, March 28-Day 4
Insert new daily routine, and then alter routine by adding 8 hours of work to the mix.  Surprisingly, today was much less hectic than I expected…or at least I faked it till I believed it.  I had to at least fool Kevin; I didn’t want him thinking I’d bitten off more than I could chew.  

Turbo still got 3 meals  today, all of his meds, his oatmeal bath, his supplements, a walk, and everything else he needed.   I came home at lunch to feed him and let all the dogs out of their kennels to go potty and play. 

Day 4--look at those Turkey legs
We shop for something I can use in the bath to wash Turbo’s skin.  It’s hard to admit this, but I hate how his skin feels.  It’s slimy when wet…and I don’t like feeling his scabs and sores.  I want some type of gloves that won’t be too rough.  I settle for a shower puff, I can exfoliate gently with it and at the same time it won’t be too rough on the areas that are red and tender. 

I research his smell…I can’t seem to get him smelling clean for more than a few hours.  He smells musty and I know he’s uncomfortable.  He is constantly scratching and shaking.  Why can’t I bring him any relief?  I cannot imagine having a constant itch all over my body and nothing helping.  His suffering is hard to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment